Thursday 3 April 2014

La fête des mamans - hand holding flowers


Last Sunday was Mothers' Day here in the UK and although I know it is not until May in France, I decided we needed to mark the occasion last Friday - maybe we will celebrate again in May!! :0)

We sang the farmyard songs that have formed our theme for the last few weeks and I added a simple mothers' day song too.  It is the same one that I have used the last 2 years with the toddler group, simply because it is not too difficult for them to sing along to even though we just have it one week a year.

The song is called "comptine des bisous pour maman" (kisses for mummy) and the lyrics are as follows and the tune is the same as ah vous dirais je maman of twinkle twinkle little star.

Sur un tissu très très doux 
Je dessine, Je dessine,
Sur un tissu très très doux,
Je dessine des bisous.
Pour la fête de maman,
Je dessine, je dessine,
Pour la fête des mamans
Je dessine en m'appliquant.

Roughly translated that would be:

On a very soft piece of material,
I am drawing, I am drawing,
On a very soft piece of material
I am drawing kisses.
For mummy's day,
I am drawing, I am drawing,
For mummies' day
I am drawing and doing my best.

If you search on YouTube you can listen to various versions of it.

To accompany our song, we made a special mothers' day craft of a 3d hand holding a bunch of flowers.

To make your own you will need:
Card
Coloured paper
Pipe cleaners or straws (for the stems)
A selection of materials for the flowers themselves, we had: cupcake cases, tissue paper, doilies, foam shapes, felt shapes, buttons, pom-poms, glitter glue, ribbon, etc

First, draw around your toddler's hand and lower arm on the coloured paper.  Cut out and glue the arm and palm to the card. DO NOT stick the fingers down.

Then let your toddler design their flowers on the card.

Once completed, bend the fingers over the flower stems and glue down onto the palm.

Here are our creations to give you some inspiration:









Happy singing and crafting! :0)










No comments:

Post a Comment